How is the sampling process of a new build project working?
The sampling or fit-out of a new build project can vary depending on the project and the contractor, but generally it follows a similar process.
A common procedure could be as follows:
- Making an appointment for sampling
- Visiting the sampling centre or showroom
- Appraisal and selection of materials, colours, finishes, etc.
- Consultation with professionals to assist in the decision process
- Written documentation of the agreements
- Implementation of the selected options during the construction phase
When sampling, there are some important points to consider. Here are some of them:
- Timing: Make sure you have enough time to make choices and decisions
- Budget: set your budget before sampling starts
- Prioritise: Determine your priorities and needs in advance. Consider which areas of the furnishings are particularly important to you
- Preparation: Decide on different materials and equipment options in advance. This will make it easier for you to choose and find the options that best suit your needs
- Sustainability: If sustainability is important to you, ask about environmentally friendly materials and energy efficiency options.
At Dressler & Partner, the fit-out of your home in Majorca is a key consideration. Together with the responsible project managers and interior designers, we discuss in detail with you the three following phases of sampling:
1. Sampling of the shell:
During the planning phase, we make a selection of the materials that will be used for the shell of the building. This includes, for example, deciding on the masonry (such as Ytong or Termoarcilla), the design and dimensions of the stairs and the specifications of the windows and doors.
2. Sampling windows and technical equipment:
Before starting the project, we will review with you the windows (including type and glazing) as well as blackout elements or folding shutters, if applicable. Furthermore, we discuss the entire technical equipment with which your home will be equipped. This includes, for example, the ventilation system, the underfloor heating and the sanitary and electrical installation (optionally with Smart Home function).
3. Interior design sampling:
Finally, we carry out the sampling of all interior finishing elements. We advise you on the choice of floor and wall coverings, design the bathrooms according to your wishes and support you in the selection of lighting elements, interior doors as well as sockets and light switches.
Our team will be happy to answer any further questions you may have.